Christmas Cards Make a Difference

My wife and I have made it a holiday tradition to send off Christmas cards to all of our family members and friends. I always thought it was a nice gesture until about three years ago, when I received a very special phone call.

That seemed to set off a chain of events that showed me that Christmas cards can be a lot more than a thoughtful gesture.

It is inevitable. That time of year rolls around when everyone wants to send off their best holiday wishes, and for my wife and I, this means purchasing about 100 to 150 Christmas cards.

We try to make sure that everyone in our family and all of our friends get a card from us, and God bless my wife, she writes out every single one of them!

We found that this is a good idea for a couple of reasons. First, it allows us to stay in touch with everyone and let them know we are thinking about them.

With families and school and work, life can get in the way sometimes. Christmas cards allow us to let people know that they are in our thoughts and that we do care about them and want them to know that we do.

Second, it is an inexpensive way to do something nice for somebody at Christmas. We sometimes fall into the trap of trying to provide presents for as many people as possible, and it can become quite expensive just with our own family.

With Christmas cards, you are doing something nice for other people for Christmas without breaking the bank at the same time.

I think another great thing about Christmas cards is the fact that they often mean more to the people receiving them than presents themselves.

Sometimes, we can really guess wrong on what a family would like for Christmas, but telling people how you feel about them and what they mean to you with Christmas cards can be very special.

The greatest thing about Christmas cards is that they can mean a lot to somebody who is alone or does not receive anything else for Christmas.


We have all known people in our lives that don't have anyone that stay in contact or even visit.

I don't know how many times I have heard from other people that an old friend was so touched by our Christmas card because they did not get anything else and did not hear from anyone at all on Christmas. I can think of nothing more sad.

Christmas cards are always a good idea to spread holiday cheer. My wife and I have been doing it for a number of years, and I know a lot of other people do it because we get so many cards. It can do so much for a person just to let them know that you care about them and are thinking of them, I can never imagine that we would stop this tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here…